4. NBT.5 – Multiply a whole number of up to four digits by a one digit whole number, and multiply two two-digit numbers, using strategies based on place value and properties of operations.
What do you notice? What do you wonder?
Focus Questions –
- How many boxes are there?
- How many cans of Cherry Pepsi (red boxes) are there?
- How many cans of Diet Pepsi (white boxes) are there?
- How many cans of Pepsi (blue boxes) are there?
Bonus Question — How much would it cost if you bought the entire flag?
Each box contains 12 cans of cola.
Pepsi (blue boxes) = 48 boxes
Cherry Pepsi (red boxes) = 90 boxes
Diet Pepsi (white boxes) = 71 boxes
Pepsi – 576 cans
Cherry Pepsi – 1080 cans
Diet Pepsi – 852 cans
Bonus question –
If bought at $5.49 per box individually –total cost $1147.41
If bought at $2.99 in multiples of 4 — 208 boxes would cost $621.92